Duen is built of Norwegian pitch pine, constructed with 14cm (9″) sawn frames. She is double planked throughout the mid-section, making her truly a solid heritage vessel.
Duen is certified as a Passenger Carrying Vessel by Transport Canada and inspected annually. She holds current certification to carry up to 24 guests on day sails and 16 guests on overnight expeditions.
All navigation and safety equipment onboard Duen meets or exceeds Canadian Marine Safety requirements.
|22 m – 72 ft|
|15.2 m – 50 ft|
|5.5 m – 18 ft|
|2.1 m – 7 ft|
|Gardner 6 LXB|
We always carry all of the critical safety equipment:
- Covered self-inflating life raft for 35 people
- Full compliment of certified life jackets and optional personal floatation devices for childrenFire fighting and pumping equipment
- Computerized navigation system, radar, DSC
- VHF Radio, and cell phones in case of emergency
- Flares and sounders
Our impact is low and we continue to lower it further.
- Built with > 95% recycled and salvaged materials. What couldn’t be found was purchased with money from recycling scrap metals and bottles
- Tall Ship Thane is fully self-contained and can operate the season without access to an external power source using our aft solar array and onboard batteries
- Use less fuel in an entire season than one whale watching tour
- LED lights and a low flush toilet
- We provide reusable utensils, glasses and plates
- We recycle all of our guests plastics, paper and drink containers and compost leftover food
- ‘company bike’ for provisions, errands and deliveries
Being a part of our community, and making positive contributions, is high priority for us. Every year we support many local charities and charity events, including:
Variety | Boat for Hope
This event creates special experiences for families involved and raises significant funds for Variety.
Dedicated to public awareness of and commitment to the importance of kidney health and organ donation. In 2009, they organized a Living Organ Donor Forum, produced newsletters, helped organize a World Kidney Day Walk, held a blood pressure clinic at the BC Legislature and participated in numerous displays at health fairs and parades in the Victoria area.
“A future in which as many people as possible experience the joy of commuting by bicycle.”
Vancouver Island Charity Riders
A group of motorcycle riding friends, who have come together for a common goal, which is to continually raise money for local and individual charities with the primary focus being on children in need.
The Westshore Rebels are a football team located in Langford BC and play in the BCFC of the CJFL.
As Canada’s leading child and youth mentoring charity, Big Brothers Big Sisters facilitates life-changing relationships that inspire and empower children and youth to reach their potential, both as individuals and citizens.
The Victoria Dragon Boat Festival Society is a non-profit organization based in Victoria, BC, raising funds for the BC Cancer Foundation.
Ready to hop aboard? Book your tour